Everything (We Hope!) You Need to Know in Order to Return to In-Person Worship at Bethel Church
The HCT (Healthy Church Team) met Monday, July 27, 2020 to review and approve Stage 2 Return to In-Person Worship requirements as stated in the VAUMC TAM for Local Churches (dated June 15, 2020) and completed the return to worship strategy. The target date for return to in-person worship is August 9, 2020 at 10:30 A.M. HCT members in attendance were Rev. Mark Roscoe, Ellen Massie, Richard Leeper and Robert McIntire. The HCT approved the following guidelines:
- Sanctuary Pews will be marked so that physical social distancing of 6 feet or more can be maintained.
- Children will be allowed to attend worship. They will be required to sit with their families and must wear face coverings.
- Nursery and child care will not be offered at this time.
- Parking – Automobiles are to be parked 6 feet or more apart.
- Entrances will be marked for entering and exiting the Sanctuary.
- Face coverings are required for the entire time you’re inside the church building (Please bring your own). Bethel has some face coverings for folks that forget.
- Anyone who is showing signs of illness should stay home.
- Hand Sanitizer – Individuals can bring their own. Bethel has a supply for onsite use.
- There is no handshaking or hugging.
- There is no congregational or praise band singing.
- Congregation will be dismissed pew by pew for effective physical social distancing after service.
- Offering – Drop off with offering plates staged at rear of sanctuary upon exit.
- No paper bulletins will be provided. Worship information will be by digital slides projected on sanctuary screens.
- Communion – Individual, sealed serving communion elements will be provided for Holy Communion. We’ll celebrate Holy Communion each Sunday for the foreseeable future so that all may participate at some point during the month.
- Restrooms – Limited use (two available, 1 Women, 1 Men, with signage and cleaning supplies). Only one person allowed at a time.
- Online Worship Registration must be completed prior to attending worship service. – Here is the link to that form:
Once you’re on the page you’ll select ‘Continue to Form’ Button – Then you’ll select our district (Rappahannock River) – click next- Then select ‘Bethel UMC Hanover’ – click ‘continue to step 2’ – enter your information and click ‘continue to step 3’ – read and answer the questions about your health – select ‘I agree’ or ‘Exit’ – if you agree, then you’ll be asked if you want to complete a form for another person (each person will need to complete their own form) or simply ‘finish’.
The Health Acknowledgement Form can be completed online up to two hours prior to attending in-person worship. Space for worship is limited due to social distancing rules, so we’ll set aside seating in the same order as our online registrations.
Looking forward to seeing you all!